Warm Chocolate Cake Recipe
Total time: 7 minutes
Yield: 4 (6cm diameter mini cakes)
- 2 tablespoons butter (not heaped)
- 100g dark chocolate
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons almond powder or cake flour
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius 15 minutes before you intend baking.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter. Stir to combine. Leave aside to cool.
3. Whisk the eggs and sugar until fluffy.
4. Combine the chocolate and egg mixture. Sift in flour or add almond powder. Add salt. Mix until a uniform batter is formed. Pour into greased mini tart pans.
4. Bake for 7-10 minutes until cooked. Insert a tooth pick to test if cooked. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Tip: Add chunks of chocolate for a molten chocolate center.