Easy Eggless Chocolate Cake Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Yield: serves 6 .This recipe is This recipe is suitable for a 16cm diameter round cake tin.
One of the things I love most about this recipe is that it you can also add chunks of chocolate to it to turn an ordinary cake into an extraordinary one. I was quite skeptical about using vinegar but once cooked you would never know the cake has vinegar in it. The vinegar and baking powder react to give this cake its soft texture.
A similar recipe for making eggless cakes is to use lemon juice instead of vinegar. The cake itself is fairly sweet, I used dark chocolate for the topping so the raspberries helped compliment the bittersweet cake. You can also use butter cream icing or top with cherries or toppings of your choice.
- 1,5 cups flour
- 3 tablespoon cocoa powder
- half cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar or 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- Sift the dry ingredients.
- Combine the water, oil and vinegar.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Mix until a smooth batter is formed.
- Place into a greased baking tin. Bake for 35 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Allow to cool then decorate as desired.
How To Make Chocolate Ganache
- • 175ml fresh cream
- • 100g dark chocolate
- Melt the chocolate until smooth.
- Remove from heat - add the cream. Mix until a smooth paste is formed.
- Leave aside or place in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
- Mix until smooth then apply once the cake has cooled.