|© 2011 l www.foodlikeammausedtomakeit.blogspot.com|
Mango Chutney is best made with ripe mangoes which result in a more orange colored Mango Chutney. I have added extra green chillies which accounts for the yellow color.
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 whole onion
- 1 teaspoon ginger and garlic
- 2 chopped green chillies
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried chillies
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 cup sugar
- Half cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
2. Add the mustard seeds and cumin. Add ginger and garlic.
3. Add the chopped mangoes. If you prefer the Mango Chutney to have visible pieces of mango then chop into larger pieces. I prefer a thick paste like texture so have chopped the mango into small pieces so that they could cook softer.
4. Add salt then one cup of water. Allow to cook for 15-20 minutes.
5. In a separate pot combine the vinegar and sugar on low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
5. Pour the vinegar/sugar mixture into the semi cooked mangoes. Allow to cook until the water evaporates.
6. Allow to cool then place into a sterilized jar.
7. You can store this Mango Chutney for a month in the fridge.