Whole Wheat Poppy Seed Scones
Cook time: 20minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Yield: 15 medium sized scones
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- half cup poppy seeds
- 3 level teaspoons baking powder
- quarter teaspoon salt
- 1 medium egg
- 1 50g plain yogurt
- 170 g butter
- 2. Cut the butter into squares.
- 3. Add all dry ingredients i.e. whole wheat flour, baking powder and salt and poppy seeds
- 4. Combine the butter and dry ingredients until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- 6. Combine the egg and yogurt; add this mixture to the breadcrumb like dough.
- 7. Mix until a soft pliable dough is formed.
- 8. Dust a baking tray or place the dough onto baking paper. Flatten using a rolling pin or your hands until a flat you have a 3-4 cm thick sheet.
- 10. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.