Similar to preparing Lamb Biryani and Dhal Ghost , the meat for mutton and cabbage curry should be ‘sealed’ by browning at high temperature. Use remaining oil from this process to fry the onions and spices. The cabbage should be sliced fine and long to create thin strips.
Mutton and Cabbage Curry Recipe
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Yield: serves 2
- 250g cubed mutton or lamb meat (meat cuts of choice)
- 250g finely sliced cabbage
- 1 medium sliced onion sliced fine
- 2 medium sized tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon mutton curry masala or masala of choice
- 1 teaspoon garamasala
- half teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger and garlic
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 400ml water
1. Prepare the cabbage. Slice fine.
2. Prepare the meat. Remove excess fat. Dice into cubes.
3. Heat oil in a heavy based (preferably non stick pan) on high heat to brown the meat .After 3-4 minutes lower the heat remove meat from pan. Set aside.
5. Add chopped tomatoes. Add 100ml water. Stir. Allow to cook until a thick sauce like texture forms.
6. Add meat and cabbage. Add remaining water and salt. Cover and allow to simmer for 15 -20 minutes until the water has evaporated.
7. Top with chopped coriander. Serve warm with rice, roti or bread of choice.