How To Clean Brassware If You Don’t Have Any Brass Polish
- Combine the two ingredients to form a weak polish like texture. Wait until the the bubbles stop then apply the solution to the brassware.
- Leave for 5-10minutes then polish off with a soft cloth or tissue paper or rinse off then allow to dry.
Easy Way To Clean Silver
One of the simplest ways to clean silver is by using bicarbonate of soda. There are two methods the first is to make a paste similar to the one described above and the second uses aluminium foil and bicarbonate of soda. The Bicarb reacts with the aluminium giving off a Sulphur Dioxide like smell but does result in shockingly clean silverware! (pictured above).
- Line a shallow pan or dish with aluminum foil. Place the silverware in the lined pan.
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of bicarbonate of soda.
- Add 1-2 liters hot water .Leave aside for 15-20 minutes then rinse. Allow to dry.
Easy Way To Clean Copper
The simplest way to clean copper is to use slices of lemon sprinkled with salt. Simply rub the salted lemon over the copper. Pat dry with a soft clothe.